McAfee unable continue installation error 12152 – McAfee might give you an error McAfee unable to continue installation error 12152 while installing on your system. This can be occurred due to failed download/ install or missing file in the download package. In Windows systems, the McAfee download servers mainly cause this error and you can try to perform some basic troubleshooting to resolve the error.
McAfee unable continue installation error 12152
Methods to fix McAfee unable to continue installation error 12152:
Method 1 – Use Pre-Install tool:
- First of all, you need to download the Pre-Install tool and save on your system.
- Double click on the downloaded file Pre-Install_Tool.exe, and then Click Yes to allow changes to the system.
- Now follow the instructions and when the Pre-Install tool installation is finished then click Ok.
- You need to click Close and then restart your system, in order to save the changes you have made.
- Now you can try to download and install your version of McAfee product on your system.
- If the issue still persists then contact McAfee Support or visit mcafee.com/activate.
Method 2 – Remove Temp and Junk files:
- Press R key while holding the Windows key, which will open Run dialog box.
- In the search box type “%Temp%” and click Ok or press enter, to open Temp folder.
- Select all the files from the Temp folder, right-click to open the menu and then select Delete from the menu.
- After removing Temp files, try to download and install McAfee on your system and in case of any issue call McAfee Support.
Method 3 – Repair Windows Registry Entries:
- First, you need to click on the Start button and then type CMD in the search box.
- Now Press Enter while pressing Ctrl + Shift altogether, to open the command prompt.
- In command prompt type regedit and press enter, then select the key which is associated with the error 12152.
- For the backup select Export from the File menu and then you need to select a folder from the SaveIn list.
- Type the name of the folder in the FileName box to save the backup key and then make sure to select “Selected Branch”.
- Now click Save in order to save the backup key with the .reg extension.
Method 4 – Try to reset Internet Explorer browser:
- In order to reset Internet Explorer, you need to open the IE browser and then select Tools.
- Now from the menu select Internet Options, click the Connection tab and then click LAN settings.
- Make sure that the checkbox in front of the Use Proxy Server for LAN connection is Uncheck and then click Ok.
- Now you need to select the Advanced tab and then try reinstalling the McAfee after resetting the browser.
Method 5 – Try to run McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool:
- You need to download mcpr.exe from the manufacturer website and the double click to run the installation setup.
- Click Agree to accept the software license agreement and then follow the instructions to finish the process.
- Wait until MCPR finished the scanning process and then restart your system to install the McAfee again.
After following the above process of removing the McAfee product from your system, you will be able to resolve the McAfee unable to continue installation error 12152. For the further assistance and information try contacting McAfee Support or visit us at mcafee.com/activate.
Common error messages received during McAfee download and installation:
- McAfee manager download error 7305.
- McAfee installation error code 0.
- Error: McAfee installation incomplete Windows 7.
- McAfee error code 7305
- The McAfee error b0740e
- McAfee will not install on Windows 10.
- McAfee something went wrong with the installation.
- Issues with McAfee login.
The above-mentioned errors are very common and our technical experts will provide you the best solution with 99% resolution rate. You can also directly contact McAfee Support by visiting mcafee.com/activate for the 24/7 support.
Hope you like the Article related to “McAfee unable continue installation error 12152″!