McAfee Automatic updates not working Windows 10 – McAfee Automatic update error can be caused by the latest operating systems update you have installed on your system. If you recently updated your Windows Operating System from 8 or 8.1 to 10 then it may give you the error like McAfee Automatic updates not working windows 10. In order to resolve the error, you may need to configure the McAfee software according to the recent updates. Here we are going to describe the step-by-step procedure which will help you to resolve the issue.
Methods to resolve the error McAfee automatic updates not working Windows 10:
Method 1 – Repair Windows registry entries:
In order to repair Windows registry entries manually, you need to have some technical knowledge. If you do not have any technical or professional skills then you may need to contact McAfee Support for the assistance. Or you may use the Registry repair tool to do the task automatically. The following steps will also guide you through the process to repair the registry manually:
- First, Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R altogether and then type “regedit” in the search box.
- Now press enter or click Ok While holding Ctrl + Shift keys and then select the key associated with the error.
- Now select Export from the File menu and then from the SaveIn list choose the folder to save the backup key.
- You are now required to type the name in the FileName box for the backup.
- Now you need to make sure that the Selected Branch is selected in the Export Range box.
- Save the backup file with the .reg extension and you are done with the backup.
The above procedure will help you to create the backup for the key associated with the error so that you will repair the registry entries. In case of any difficulty, you can directly contact McAfee Support for the help.
Method 2 – Uninstall and Reinstall McAfee Software:
Uninstalling McAfee Software:
- To uninstall McAfee from the open the Control Panel by clicking the Start button, if you are using Windows 7 or lower.
- In case of Windows 8 or above then you need to right click on the start button to select the Control Panel from the menu.
- Now select the Program & Feature and then click Programs.
- Under the Programs tab select uninstall a program and then find the product you want to remove from the list.
- Now click Uninstall to remove the program from the system and then wait to finish the process.
- Now restarts your system to save the changes you have made.
Redownload and Re-installing the McAfee:
- Open a web browser which you are using on your system and then visit mcafee.com/activate.
- If you have already used your McAfee product key then directly click the link “Download your Software”.
- If you have the product key then type a valid McAfee product key in the field and then click Submit.
- Now log in to your McAfee account using your email id and password, if already have one, else you can create one.
- You are now required to click Install Now to start downloading and then click Save file or run according to your browser.
- Now open the downloads folder and double click on the downloaded file to run the installation setup.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines to finish the installation process of McAfee and then Click Close.
- Restart your system to save the changes and then start using your McAfee to protect your device.
The uninstallation and reinstallation process will help you to resolve the error McAfee automatic updates not working Windows 10. In case of any query please feel free to contact McAfee Support for the solution.
Some related McAfee update errors and FAQs:
- McAfee updates not installing.
- Why is McAfee auto update schedule not working?
- What are the McAfee update problem 2017?
- McAfee problems with Windows 10.
- McAfee cannot update your software.
- Why does McAfee checking for updates stuck in between?
- McAfee won’t update Windows 10.
- Why do I get McAfee error while installing updates Mac?
All of the above-mentioned errors can be resolved by our experts with 99% of the success rate of resolution. You may also connect us by visiting mcafee.com/activate or contact McAfee Support for the future reference.