KB57884ERROR McAfee Common Framework returned error ffffff – McAfee VirusScan has designed for the home and home-office users specifically but it’s been replaced by the McAfee Endpoint Security. While using the McAfee Virus Scan, you may face some issues like McAfee Common Framework returned error ffffff. If McAfee framework service disabled then also you may face the McAfee framework service error 80040154 or other.
KB57884ERROR McAfee Common Framework returned error ffffff
Some common errors related to McAfee Framework:
- McAfee Common Framework returned error ffffff. Failed to initialize common updater subsystem. Make sure the McAfee service is running.
- The McAfee framework download is unavailable.
- McAfee common framework folder is empty.
- The McAfee framework service missing Windows 7.
- McAfee Framework service missing Windows 10.
- Why McAfee common framework returned error 80040154?
All of the above errors can be caused by the corrupt files after successful install/upgrade or due to missing dll files. You can try to perform some basic troubleshooting in order to resolve the McAfee Common Framework returned error ffffff from the system. In case of any difficulty, you can contact McAfee Support for the help.
Steps to fix McAfee Common Framework returned error ffffff:
Try to register the DLL file in McAfee common framework and Windows System32 folder:
- First of all, you need to stop the McAfee and framework services on the system.
- In order to stop the McAfee services, click Start, select Programs then click McAfee and then Click VirusScan Console.
- Now select properties after right clicking on the Access protection option and then click Apply.
- Now close VirusScan console and again click on the start button to open the Run dialog box.
- In the run dialog box type “services.msc” and then press enter.
- In the services manager, right click on the McAfee Framework Service and then click Stop then close service manager.
- Now register the DLL in the McAfee Common Framework and System32 folder by following the below-given procedure.
- After registering the DLL, you need to restart the McAfee Framework services and McAfee.
- In order to restart the framework services, open the service manager using the run dialog box and click start after selecting the McAfee common framework.
- Now open the VirusScan console and right click on the Access Protection then select properties.
- Click Prevent McAfee Services from being stopped and then click Apply.
Registering DLL in McAfee Common Framework:
- Now register the DLL in the McAfee common framework using the command prompt.
- Click On the start button and then type cmd then click Ok.
- Now type “cd\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework” and hit enter.
- You now need to type “for %m In (*.dll) do regsvr32/s %m” again in the command prompt and press enter.
- Wait until the registration is finished in the McAfee common framework.
Registering DLL in Windows System32 folder:
- You need to type “CD %SystemRoot%\System32” in the command prompt, where the cursor is blinking.
- Now type “for %m In (*.dll) do regsvr32/s %m”, to register the file into the system32 folder.
- You need to wait until the process is finished and then close the command prompt.
The McAfee Common Framework returned error ffffff can be resolved by following the above procedure. In case you have any query or need help then visit us at mcafee.com/activate or contact McAfee Support for 24/7 support.
Hope you like the Article related to “KB57884ERROR McAfee Common Framework returned error ffffff”!