Error 80004005 – We require a security tool like McAfee Antivirus and others, to keep safe our digital life from the cyber attacks or online threats. The error 80004005 may occur due to update install failure or corrupt Windows registry entries etc. If you face the Windows error 80004005 while installing the updates on your system then you can try to resolve the error by running the automatic update troubleshooter.
You can also visit mcafee.com/activate for the support if you are using McAfee Security Tool on your system. Here we are going to discuss the causes and step-by-step solution for the error code 80004005 Windows 7 or SQL server error 80004005.
Causes of the Error 80004005:
- Downloading the Windows 7 or 10 update KB3087040.
- Corrupt Windows registry entries or .dll file.
- McAfee Antivirus blocking feature is enabled.
- Windows Activation failed.
- Internet connectivity issues.
- Windows update error 80004005.
You may also face this error 80004005 asp while trying to login ASP due to the invalid User Id. All of the above-mentioned errors can be resolved by following some basic troubleshooting or by contacting McAfee Support.
Methods to Fix Error 80004005 – Windows update failed:
Method 1 – Try to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter:
- First, you need to click on the Start button and then type troubleshoot in the search box.
- Now press enter, in order to open the troubleshooter.
- From the left panel, click View All and then select Windows Update from the list.
- Now select Advanced and make sure to tick Apply repairs Automatically.
- Click Run as Administrator, click Next and then follow the instructions to finish the troubleshooting.
Method 2 – Remove the Temp and downloaded files:
- Click on the start button and then open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R altogether.
- Now type %Temp% and click Ok then right click on the temp folder to remove the entire folder.
- From the list click Delete option and then wait until the removal process is finished.
- In order to delete the downloaded files, click on the start button and then select Computer from the right panel.
- Now in the left panel click downloads to open the downloads folder.
- Select all the file from the downloads folder by holding Ctrl + A altogether.
- Now press Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys altogether using the keyboard to delete the files permanently.
- Click Ok or yes, to confirm the removal and then wait until the files removed.
Method 3 – Try to download and install the Update manually:
- Open a web browser and type Microsoft Windows update download in the search box.
- Now select the desired update from the result and then click download by visiting the manufacturer website.
- Open the downloads folder and then double-click to run the installation setup.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and click finish when the installation process is completed.
Steps to Fix Error 80004005 – Windows 10 Activation Error:
- First of all click on the start button from the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Select the settings and then click Update & Security.
- Now you need to search for the Activation then click Troubleshoot to run the troubleshooter.
- In order to finish the troubleshooting, follow the guidelines displaying on the screen.
The error 80004005, which you may face while sending an email using the Outlook also can be resolved by following a simple process. You need to disable the McAfee Antivirus blocking feature and also disable the new mail notification from the outlook. In order to repair the Windows registry entries, you require some technical knowledge.
For the technical help, you may contact McAfee Support or visit us at mcafee.com/activate. One of our executives will help you repair the Windows registry entries on your system to resolve the error 80004005.